Thursday, October 13th, 7pm - 8:30pm - Beauty from the Inside Out at Happy + Hale Durham featuring Happy + Hale, Yoga Off East and Beautycounter
Join us for the perfect trifecta – Happy + Hale meets Beautycounter meets Yoga Off East. We’re excited to partner up with our amazing 9th street neighbors for a wellness celebration!
It all starts at 7pm at Happy + Hale Durham (703B 9th Street), where you’ll nosh on fall-inspired samples of healthy fuel that nourishes the body, fulfills the soul, empowers the community and balances the planet. Think quinoa, butternut squash, acai, etc. Oh, and two words – Almond Brothers. You’ll want this in your life, stat.
At 7:20, you’ll get your meditation on at Yoga Off East, a neighborhood flow yoga studio located in the back of Happy + Hale. Founder / Owner (Yoga Off East) Kathy Smith will set the intention for the event and lead everyone through a short meditation. Ommmm.
To round out the evening’s festivities, yours truly, Jen Devlin (owner / designer of Vintage Home South), will introduce Beautycounter - a green living, lifestyle brand with a mission to get safe, high-performing personal care products into the hands of everyone. Beautycounter believes you never need to compromise your health in the name of beauty (we couldn’t agree more and this is why we showcase the line at the shop). And, of course, you’ll get to sample all of Beautycounter’s products, including the latest Fall Collection! To learn more about Beautycounter, visit www.beautycounter.com/jenniferdevlin
Can’t wait to see y’all at the event!
Saturday, September 17th, 2pm - 6pm - Sip & Shop "Welcome Fall" Event featuring Bulldega Urban Market
Join us as we highlight Bulldega Urban Market at our Sip & Shop "Welcome Fall" Event (please, fall, get here already :) ). With entertaining season right around the corner, we're looking forward to some tasting fabulousness from Jay Connor, "Vice" President, of Bulldega. Jay will be here in the shop offering tastes of 3 wines - Orlegi de Luberri Rioja (Rioja, ES), Guild Rose (Willamette Valley, OR) and Cordero Di Montezemolo Langhe Arneis (Langhe, IT) and he'll have perfectly paired cheeses to sample as well. A selection of Bulldega products will be available for purchase.
Can't wait to see y'all in the shop!
Saturday, July 16th, 12pm - 6pm - 1 Year Anniversary Celebration
Stop by the shop from 12pm to 6pm on Saturday, July 16th to celebrate our 1 year anniversary - we wouldn't be here without all of your incredible support and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts!
Our Saturday event will be filled with fabulousness:
- Complimentary Shandys - Rich will be mixing up Shandys (prepared with Alley Twenty Six delicious tonic) from our bar counter. If you've never had a Shandy in summer, get ready for a game changer!
- Craft Granola - Mary of Double M Bake Shop will be offering samples of her snacking granola that are the perfect complement to the Shandy. She'll also have her granola for sale - and trust us when we say, Curry Cashew.
- PIE! Ali of East Durham Pie Company will be offering samples and selling slices of her heavenly pies starting at 1pm. We're not ashamed to say we typically get a slice of each because pie can really replace dinner :)
- Our Freshest Furniture and Home Decor Finds - we loaded a 24ft truck from our vacation to PA/NJ. Let's just say antiquing rocks up there!
- Discounts on ALL Purchases - instead of spending lots on marketing, we'd rather give back to customers through events and discounts. A discount will be drawn by each customer at the register during checkout (discounts range from 10% to 25% off)
Local Artists and Artisans Highlighted: We're so excited to have this incredible talent with us to celebrate our 1 Year Anniversary:
- Double M Bake Shop (craft granola - savory and sweet) https://www.facebook.com/Double-M-Bake-Shop-721461127962128/?fref=nf
- East Durham Pie Company https://www.facebook.com/EastDurhamPieCompany/?fref=ts
- Berkley Wooten, Photographer http://www.berkleywooten.com/
Can't wait to see y'all at the shop
Saturday, June 18th, 1pm - 4pm - Shandy Cocktail Tasting featuring Alley Twenty Six
Join us for a pre-Father's Day event as we highlight Tonic Master, Rob Mariani of Alley Twenty Six. Rob will be mixing Shandy Cocktails in honor of Dads everywhere - come for a taste and / or do some last minute shopping for your Dad. Rob's famous tonic syrup (made using the bark of a cinchona tree, which quinine is sourced. Lemongrass, limes and sugar are added to create a tonic as robust in taste as it is in color) will be available for sale as well as other cool items.
Can't wait to see y'all at the shop!
Saturday, April 16th, 10am - 6pm - Open House
Stop by Vintage Home South between 10am and 6pm on Saturday, April 16th to celebrate the introduction of Joanna Gaines' gorgeous Magnolia Home Furniture line. We'll have a nice mix of MH furniture available - think dining room, living room, bedroom, etc. In addition to showcasing the furniture, we'll also have a bit o' the bubbly on hand and be highlighting an amazing local artisan - Ali of East Durham Pie Company will be offering samples of her delicious baked treats and selling handpies. We’re so excited to have Ali with us as we launch Magnolia Home Furniture at Vintage Home South!
Can't wait to see y'all at the shop