At Vintage Home South, our main focus is on YOU! We want to help you create a living space that you LOVE and that gives you inspiration. Restaging is one of my favorite things to do and also tends to be what I do most often when I visit a client's home.
Here's how it works:
- We'll sit at a table with a notebook and talk about the room, what it's used for, what you like about it and how you'd like it to change.
- And then.....we'll pull almost everything out of the room, except the furniture. This doesn't take as long as you'd think; I tend to have more energy than I know what to do with :)
- You'll get to sit and oversee the process as I start tinkering and moving things around until we find the arrangement that you find most beautiful and makes the most sense. We might even pull a piece from another room if it will help make THIS room perfect.
- Once we have the angles and the placement of the furniture just right.....we'll use the objects that you love the most to create your perfect environment. Sometimes we'll find creative ways to hide those necessary objects of life that are not visually appealing, like putting all those DVDs in a great basket that makes them sweetly disappear.
- We may even discover that "less is more" when it comes to making a serene and inviting environment. Restaging is the perfect opportunity to let go of those things that you don't really love or need.
Often a simple room refresh can be enough to make your room feel brand new without actually having to purchase anything new. If however, you're not in love with the things you have, I'm happy to recommend things.
I am guided by a deep regard for simplicity, character in objects and personal expression of identity through the spaces we create. How that unfolds for your personal style will be completely unique to you.
My role is to facilitate that unfolding until the space that surrounds you makes your heart sing. That space will be created from your tastes, your color pallete, your interests and your favorite things.
Hourly rate is $75 with a 2 hour minimum.
Please contact me by phone, email, text, or Facebook message if you have any questions at all.
Jennifer Devlin - 919 599 4209 - firstname.lastname@example.org - www.facebook.com/vintagehomesouth
If you're interested in having me visit for a room re-do, please complete the questionnaire below so that I can get to know a little about you beforehand.
(please copy and paste this questionnaire into an email and send to email@example.com)
- Where you live?
- Which room of your home you want to refresh?
- How do you use this room....or how would you like to use this room?
- How do you want the room to feel?
- If you had to define your style, what would you call it?
- Has your style changed significantly in the last 3 years?
- List a few of your favorite objects, furniture pieces or most treasured finds.
- Favorite color palette.
- Favorite home decor store or source for accessories.
Place the following priorities in order of importance. Leave out any that don't apply to you at all.
- creating something new and fresh out of a space that has become stale
- removing clutter
- making better display of objects you love
- finding more function for a room that isn't currently useful
- changing from an old style to a more updated style, or to one that is more "you"